Wedding Gals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budget Savers

2 posters

Go down

Budget Savers Empty Budget Savers

Post  WolfSpirit292 March 4th 2009, 12:43 am

What sort of things are you ladies doing to help keep you under budget? Where are you cutting costs?

We're doing a lot of DIY and discount items. We're also buying stuff AFTER "wedding season" when a lot of it is on clearance. By cutting costs on ceremony, attire, decor (for both ceremony and reception), flowers, and favors, we're able to spend more on the hall and food at the reception. Plus with having no wedding cake, and a fairly cheap photographer and videographer- we're keeping things pretty low cost. Our whole budget is only 5k. Which, after talking it over with FH, we may cut that back to 2k-3k.
WolfSpirit292
WolfSpirit292

Number of posts : 50
Humor : "Death by teacup, now why didn't I think of that?" --Kyra from 'Riddick'
Registration date : 2009-03-01

http://pyrosflame.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Budget Savers Empty Re: Budget Savers

Post  Megan March 9th 2009, 5:49 pm

We are doing a lot ourselves such as flowers, invites, gifts, and I'm sure there is more lol that I can't think of at the moment.
We got a great deal on our photographer! $640 for unlimited time and pics and all rights are given to us with all pictures on a dvd!
We are doing buffet vs. a sit down meal to save!
My friend is doing our cake for a discounted price! She has been decorating wedding cakes for 6 years now and she does amazing work and will do whatever we want for $1.75/piece!! That is amazing!
We are doing a cash bar and just purchasing 180 bottles to be given out free and after that they have to pay!
We are getting married in a rose garden not really to save on costs but it definitely did help!
My FH's bestman's dad is marrying us!
We did save the dates on vistaprint and also got lables on there for only the cost of shipping!!
We did the photobook through snapfish when oprah was giving them away for free and that is going to be our guestbook!
I'm buying the flower girl dresses either on ebay or from a department store.
To help my girls save money we are going to be going to Macy's, Jcpenny, Sears, and wherever else to get their dresses!
We are forgoing a limo.
I'm buying my dress from lightinthebox.com to help save!
I think that's about it but I'm not positive lol. I always feel like I'm leaving something out!
Megan
Megan

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.mywedding.com/adamlovesmegan

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfSpirit292 March 9th 2009, 8:56 pm

Yeah, lol, I always feel I'm forgetting something. I forgot the invite thing. We're doing our own. Though with the amount we're saving, I found some REALLY cute invites that are fairly cheap that I wouldn't mind getting...
WolfSpirit292
WolfSpirit292

Number of posts : 50
Humor : "Death by teacup, now why didn't I think of that?" --Kyra from 'Riddick'
Registration date : 2009-03-01

http://pyrosflame.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum